Why do they say sailors in the Navy are gay? I want to know why and how they got that reputation!!?

I have heard there are more homosexuals in the Navy, mainly because they are at sea for a long time. Anyone know about this?? Just curious.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

its just a joke... you know a bunch of sea men on a boat haha. Everyone takes their jabs at the navy but I dont think anyone really means it. My friends joining the navy and I am going into the marines and I keep giving him crap.

its just a big joke between the branches. we all respect each other for what the other has to offer. without the Air force our ground troops would be screwed. Much needed intel, and C.A.S.(close air support) comes from the navy and Air Force, this saves the lives of the ground troops. No war can be won without ground troops. Marines need the Navy for transport, as well as medical needs. Each branch plays a special role in the overall picture. its much like brothers that pick and fight with each other because they are brothers. Many of the best men that i have trained and fought with were from other branches and i respect each for what they do.However, while serving as a Master at Arms aboard a Navy Ship.( I wont say which one) I did find two Navy Men Making out with each other in the Mooring station after lights out. But that doesn't mean anything.I know for a fact that there are gays in every branch.

By the way. Buckeye bill is full of crap.

http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/ucmj.htm#SUBCH...

Don't be fooled by him. It's lies such as this, that breed misconceptions about our military.

Source(s): U.S. Marine Corps Special Operations, U.S. Army Officer cadet

every branch has their crap they give eachother.

marines- are meat heads, retarded, dumb asses

navy-fags, prissy boys

usaf- lazy civilians in uniform

army- bullet stoppers, *******

blah blah blah. they all have their deals. i would say more so for navy when the village ppl came out with the song, and since they were pretty homosexual themselves, hah, thats where that major idea came from.

otherwise, my dad used to be in the navy, and i know ppl from all other branches. Everyone has their gays in there, its just wise to keep your mouth shut. But some are open. ITs all a bunch of crap.

• Dave M

Think it's about equal through out the different services.

I'm not a defender of gay's nor am I one but it should be realized, gay's, homosexuals have served in all our

armed services, from the very beginning, Gen. Pulaski in our revolution to name one, served in all wars, in all ranks and served with distinction.

they choose to be in tight sleeping and living quartersfor long periods of time.they do this when they're young and should be out chasing skirts.i could understand if they're older and been married 20 years.

Probably because they are always on a ship full of men, they need something to pass the time I guess.

We had about as many as any other branch. Just Army guys spreading rumors cause Navy be kicking their butt in football.

The last gay that was on my ship didn't make it to muster one morning. He was listed AWOL and thing about that was we were 500 miles from any land lol.