What are some things, not including popcorn, that Indiana is known for?

Now let me explain myself, I had to do 30 interesting state facts about a state, randomly, I chose Indiana and now we have to bring in a food for that state, I already am done with that part, but now I have to decorate my desk with things that relate to Indiana, and I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about Indiana.

• IN PO
    Favorite Answer

I've lived in Indiana for 12 years...

Sports are big here... The Indy 500 is Sunday...so maybe a checkered flag on your desk would work... The Brickyard 400 is in August, and a few NASCAR drivers are from Indiana, so you could add a Hot Wheels version of Tony Stewart's #20 car or something... Basketball in general is huge in Indiana, and the Indianapolis Colts are popular, too...especially Peyton Manning...

Corn is a huge agricultural crop in the state, so you could put an ear of corn on your desk...

The Amish also have a presence in Indiana, especially in the northern portion of the state, so if you can somehow get a hold of a toy horse and buggy, you could represent that...

Eli Lilly is a big pharmaceutical company in Indianapolis, but I wouldn't recommend bringing Prozac (which they manufacture, among other drugs) to school...

Indiana University, Purdue University, and Notre Dame are probably the three most universally well-known colleges in Indiana, so anything with their logos on it would be good on your desk...

Benjamin Harrison is the only U.S. President from Indiana, so you could put a photo of him on your desk...

Hopefully that will get you started...

Source(s): -

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Now let me explain myself, I had to do 30 interesting state facts about a state, randomly, I chose Indiana and now we have to bring in a food for that state, I already am done with that part, but now I have to decorate my desk with things that relate to Indiana, and I was wondering if anyone had...

Source(s): including popcorn indiana for: https://shortly.im/o6ndn

What Is Indiana Known For

I'd be interested to know what food you selected as no source I check has any "state food" listed for Indiana --- they do have The state beverage is water.

other state symbols

Bird Cardinal (Richmondena Cardinalis Cardinalis) 1933

Beverage Water by Senate Resolution No. 20 2007

Flower - Peony (Paeonia)

Languages -English and American Sign Language

Poem -"Indiana" by Arthur Franklin Mapes

River - The Wabash River

Song - "On the Banks of the Wabash, Far Away" by Paul Dresser

Stone - Limestone

Tree - Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera)

You might also think of the Indianapolis 500 Race

Check out this site for some offbeat things that might be fun:

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/in

This one is interesting as well:

http://www.in.gov/visitindiana/about/funFacts.aspx

State bird - Cardinal

State Tree - Yellow-poplar

State Flower - Peony

State Song - On the banks of the Wabash

Hoosiers!

they have the United States Grand Prix there......it's the only place that holds the United States Grand Prix

gary-one of the cities with the worst crime in the u.s.