What changed your musical preference?

Everyone has those moments in their life when they hear a new musical sound for the first time, and it impacts (and sometimes completely transforms) what they listen to from then on. I think we typically associate these changes happening during teen years, but I know people who have had "musical... show more Everyone has those moments in their life when they hear a new musical sound for the first time, and it impacts (and sometimes completely transforms) what they listen to from then on. I think we typically associate these changes happening during teen years, but I know people who have had "musical revelations" long after.
So, I want to know...
What song or album had a huge impact on your musical preferences? Do you recall what appealed to you? Do you still have the same adoration/respect for it, or have your tastes altered since?