Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

kevgrid asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

When will Southwest Airlines accept reservations after October 30?

I am looking to book airline tickets for Thanksgiving week.

Favorite Answer

As I understand Southwest they usually accept reservations about five-six months out from the current date. If you want to fly Southwest I suggest that you keep checking back on the website to see if they are accepting reservations. Or, call their customer service line to see if someone there can tell you when you'll be able to book. If you want to get an idea of the cost, pick a random date that encompasses the same amount of time that you are looking at and check the flight times/prices with that information. Presume that flight prices may be higher because of the holiday week. Also, be sure to check the website frequently; they always do special "Internet" deals which are chepaer...but there are only a few seats at that level and they tend to go fast.

• Alissa

Probably 6 months beforehand

Yes...