What is expected as a prep cook?? i have no experience in cooking?

So i decided to get myself into culinary arts. To be honest, im a late bloomer, although i always loved and appreciated good food, i never really thought of becoming a chef, till recently. I probrably cooked 2 proper meals in my life. Pasta, and crab with garlic. The pasta was aryt, but the crab with garlic sucked.... show more So i decided to get myself into culinary arts. To be honest, im a late bloomer, although i always loved and appreciated good food, i never really thought of becoming a chef, till recently. I probrably cooked 2 proper meals in my life. Pasta, and crab with garlic. The pasta was aryt, but the crab with garlic sucked. As i said, i just enrolled myself in culinary school which starts next month. For the time being, i decided to get a head start by working in my brother's friends restaurant. As a dishwasher, or anything as long as i am in the kitchen. I spoke to the chef today, and he said ill be doing some basic prep. What im worried about is i only started learning to chop 3 days ago. Should i be expected to know how to chop properly already as a prep cook? I was expecting to be a dishwasher, but apparently, he said i was gona be in prep.