Elle
Elle asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Could Obama be convicted of treason?

If it was proven that Obama was connected with HAMAS and was plotting against the US, could he be convicted of treason? Not saying that's the case, just curious.

Favorite Answer

I would imagine he could. I'm not sure why all the democrats who are for Obama find this question so upsetting. I think anyone who is trying to figure out the truths and untruths of what is going on in the election deserve to ask questions. I did not find this question to be flammatory and in any way trying to spread lies. You need to get over it and start asking your own questions. This is a serious election and there is no room for "voting" based solely on what polical party you are attached to.

• Robin

About what are you babbling? If there is ANY evidence that Obama has ever committed treason, why don't you describe it, and provide a link to a RELIABLE source? Given that the previous president DID commit treason on more than one occasion, and has never even be tried for it, I doubt that a president who did NOT commit treason will be convicted of it.

Consider what we were fighting against in WWII, Korea and Vietnam: Fascism, Socialism and Communism.

Today, the democratic party represents the very thing that American's fought and died over. About three weeks ago, when a Hillary supporters was told on the Sean Hannity or Bill O' Reilly show that Hillary was a socialist, she responded saying "so what?".

People who take this "so what" attitude fail to consider the people who lost their lives trying to escape from such counties as Red China, North Vietnam, North Korea and the Soviet Union because of Fascism, Socialism and Communism.

Now the liberals want in our country the very thing we fought against! In the 1970's, the Soviet Union stated that it will destroy America without ever firing the first shot. I remember that being in the news as it was only yesterday that I heard it. The democratic party is doing a pretty good job up holding the promise of the Soviet Union.

Bring back the days of McCarthyism. We need it now more than ever!

Source(s): If I could, I would vote for Joe McCarthy for President.

Uh, because you've made up some bat-sh*t crazy lie?

I hope not.

Bush could easily be convicted of treason (not to mention War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity). Bush actually COMMITTED treason, or at least aided and abbetted.

So why do you feel compelled to tell outgrageous lies about Obama? Scared you'll soon be living in a free country?

I'm not sure about treason, but if he was actually connected with HAMAS then I'm sure he'd get in some sort of trouble. Also, I'm sure he would not become the democratic candidate.

If the Bush family was not brought up on charges that they were doing oil business with Osama Bin Laden, then no.

If Bill Clinton was not charged with conspiring with a foreign government (China) for monetary gain, then the answer is still no.

More importantly, the fact that you raise these suspicions to place another label on Sen. Obama makes me feel obligated to give you a history lesson.

The definition of McCarthyism is: The practice of publicizing accusations of political disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence or the use of unfair investigatory or accusatory methods in order to suppress opposition

Those who have studied history know that this question is just a revival of the mindset of the 1950's McCarthy hearings when people were accused of being Communist and their lives were ruined by imprisonment, loss of jobs, etc. all because of the American fanaticism that says "if you don't think like us (in this case, look like us), you are a Communist (terrorist and anti American) ". This applied to Americans of all races. You people who are hating others based upon the labels YOU put on them for scandalous sensationalism are taking America back to the 1950’s and McCarthyism. It is the height of anti American democracy to silence opposing views. Let's remember history so we don't repeat it!

Source(s): Ellen Schrecker, THE AGE OF MCCARTHYISM: A BRIEF HISTORY WITH DOCUMENTS. (Boston: St. Martin's Press, 1994)

If you could prove that then yes, but that can be said of anyone. If you could prove that they were plotting against the US then it would be treason. Remember though, you need to actually have evidence to start with.

Yeah sparky, if he were plotting against the US we could be convicted of treason.

It was proven that Bill Clinton lied, yet he was not convicted. It was proven that OJ killed two people, yet he was not convicted. Obama convicted? No.

If it was proven, of course. Anyone would be convicted of treason if that was the case.