Does anyone think Amway is a cult?

My wife is starting to get into Amway and I have just wondered since it seems kinda weird to me.

Favorite Answer

Yes! It is helpful to fully understand the meaning of the word cult to know why.

cult Definition

cult (kult)

noun

1.

1. a system of religious worship or ritual

2. a quasi-religious group, often living in a colony, with a charismatic leader who indoctrinates members with unorthodox or extremist views, practices, or beliefs

2.

1. devoted attachment to, or extravagant admiration for, a person, principle, or lifestyle, esp. when regarded as a fad i.e. the cult of nudism

2. the object of such attachment

3. a group of followers; sect

Is Amway a religion? Yes it is.

re·li·gion (ri lij′ən)

noun

* expression of such a belief in conduct and ritual

* any object of conscientious regard and pursuit

Amway and many other Network Marketing/ MLM companies teach you to separate from outsiders who are negative towards your efforts. They teach you that those who do not agree with your business choice, are simply "close minded."

There are many other examples of why many would call Amway a cult. You can find some great examples at

http://www.angelfire.com/or/amwaydreamers/index2.h...

*****************************************************************

Most importantly do not show animosity towards your wife. Continue to show love and support. Concern is great. It is good to take the time to discuss concern. Do not openly attack her and what she is doing. Most people in a traditional network marketing or mlm business are used to attack and are always on the defensive. If you can have a conversation without attack and express concern without control, your efforts will not go unnoticed.

I hope this has been helpful.

Amway Cult

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Does anyone think Amway is a cult?

Source(s): amway cult: https://tr.im/06bbz

I lost my sister to Amway years ago, now she cries every time i buy a product not from amway, she spends every waking moment when not at work with amway, she missed out on family functions and has a group of followers now.

Yes, in a sense. The truth is far greater then Amway itself. The fact is that the industry of network marketing/mlm is often considered to be a cult. The reason is because of the traditional style of operation. Many companies teach to push friends and family to participate in your business. I do network marketing myself. I do not use traditional business building techniques taught in the industry. I prefer to target market. My friends and family have remained as such. I have a link that in my profile page here that can shed some light on why so many have a negative view towards the industry. I would be happy to share more on this subject as well.

Best Regards!

Though I don't know if Amway is a cult, I can say that I believe anything that takes people over could be considered a cult. As somepeople said, you don't make money selling amway.

Yes.

My hubby and I had the unfortunate luck to meet a couple that was in to Amway. They took us out to dinner under guise that we were friends and going to hang out and talk.

Then, after we were seated and place our dinner orders, they got into the Amway crap. They pretty much said they would get rich off of it and retire in like 7 years or something. They were new into it at that time. It did feel like they were brainwashed. It's just another Multi-level marketing scam - and we were smart enough to know better. We said, no, no, no and laughed at them.

A couple years later they had financial difficulties and had to move in with his parents. I honestly don't know where they are now.

*

I don't know if it's a cult or not, but Amway reps are some of the pushiest salespeople I have ever met!

no one makes any money in it - you have to spend too many hrs in meeting and trying to "sell the dream" and the products are overpriced to pay the tiny commissions

No. We re freaking salesmen, it s not a cult.