Death Note?

I want thoughts on Death Note. I've read the manga over and over, and I'm currently watching the American dub. So post some thoughts. How it makes you feel, thoughts on the outcome of the story, who you support, the difference between the manga and the anime. Im just looking to see how others feel about Death Note.

• klr
    Best Answer

it's the best animated show (anime or not) i've seen. i'm not really big on anime, so that means a lot. i'm also not big on watching shows online (it takes forever to load), and Death Note was the first one that i did, almost a year ago. it's also the first manga that i've read.

Death Note amazes me. it has a great story, great characters, great artwork, even great soundtrack and editing!! it has nothing bad in it. i love the debate it makes you have, it made me feel conflicted on what i really believe in. i can't say that what Light is doing is good, but when i read the papers and see the crap happening in the world, i find myself wishing that there is a Kira. i've never watched anything that challenged my principles. these kind of material is usually reserved for books.

the outcome is expected. people get mad that it's always the good guys who win, even in Death Note where the protagonist is the bad guy. i still think it was great, it's sad that Light had to die, but if his personality wouldn't allow him to give up until his last breath, he had to die for Near to win. but if Light had won, it still would have been great, it would be like George Orwell's 1984, living in a negative utopia where everyone is living in fear but pretends they're not. it's a heavy ending, but awesome nonetheless.

i can't say that i support one side exclusively. both sides have a point. some people mistake Light for a maniac, but he doesn't kill just anyone, unlike Mikami. Light is even alarmed when Mikami started knocking off lazy people, he himself thought that was overkill. and i think the only reason that people are against Light is because he acts without due process, but if he did, will more people support him killing criminals? as for L, he sometimes moves outside the law, sacrificing criminals to test the Death Note, just like Light did initially. they're more alike than they are different, Light and L. (in terms of just the character, i love L more!!)

actually i thought the anime was loyal to the original story. they only cut out the time delay of Misa's death and the lengthy conversations...oh yeah, Mello and Hal's relationship and Matt's screen time, and a little on how Light died. other than those they're almost the same. i prefer the anime because the people behind it did a fantastic job bringing it to life. they cut off the boring parts of the conversation without sacrificing anything important, and it does a great job of making you excited and wanting more!! Death Note is also the first show i've actually yelled at. ;) episode 36 gave me a heart attack.

Death Note is the shizzz!!

I think it's one of the best animes created. Usually with anime, I can't keep up with updates so I just read the manga cause it's faster, but both the show and the manga have such a great plot line, I can't help but watch the anime. I always knew Light (Kira) was going to die, and I was happy because rarely do you ever see the main character die. Usually it's the bad guy (unless you consider him the bad guy). I supported L before he bit the dust because he's always right on the mark which pisses Light off. I just love watching him squirm. The manga was better to me, I think, but there weren't many variations between the anime and manga.

My opinion?

You should know better than to ask me that!!!

Or perhaps you dont know me very well.

Well here goes . . . . . . . .

I LOVE DEATH NOTE!!!!!!

The outcome SUCKS cause L died but at least Light gets killed even though it couldnt be soon enough!!!!!!!!!

I support L all the way!!!!!!

L was the only reason the show became popular!!!!!!!!

Death Note is still good but it would be better if L didnt die!!!!!

Whos great idea was it to have him killed!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!!!

That just Ps me off!!!!!

Anyone who supports Light needs a WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!

HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!! PPLZ needs to get thier mind fixed!!!!

Near and Mello need to split the scene as well cause I dont like SUBSTITUTES!!!!!!

You cant replace what was perfect to begin with!!!!

Come on PPLZ!!! Do you all really want to replace L with a cheap knockoff and forget what made this show good in the first place?!!!?? AHHHHH!!!!!

Calm down and breath . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sorry about that but this issue always gets me going.

Source(s): Hope I didnt scare you any!!!!!!

OK first of all its one of the top 50 anime in rankings.

my thoughts about it is, it makes me feel smart as how the structure and the intelligence of how the author made it.

L. was probably my favourite character, it was just how he sat, the things he ate and how intelligent he was, too bad he just had to die throughout the story.... damn kira but then again kira (light Yagami) deserves his punishment towards the end.

anyway its a really good anime plus manga, it is also short os nevermind how much of your internet you spend.

Source(s): www.animerankings.com - rankings www.experiencefestival.com/death_note_-_plot_outline - plot

Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects--and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal... or his life?

Death note online manga.

http://boxmanga.com/manga/1234.html

• elric

one of the greatest anime created and one of my favorites.

i support L/Near

i think the ending in the manga was a bit gruesome but on the anime i realized something about light... has a moral lesson, no one can be more powerful than god

just thinking... ;)