Where should I place my money for investment if I am making 43K a year?

I am 25 years old, currently making 43k/year (before taxes). I have a car payment, expenses, etc. but I have anywhere from 1000 to 1500 of money left over each month. I want to buy a house by the time I am 30 years old but it seems like an impossible task? Should I invest my money in an IRA, CD, or simply... show more I am 25 years old, currently making 43k/year (before taxes). I have a car payment, expenses, etc. but I have anywhere from 1000 to 1500 of money left over each month.

I want to buy a house by the time I am 30 years old but it seems like an impossible task?

Should I invest my money in an IRA, CD, or simply let it sit in my savings account? I thought about investing in stocks but I think I will have to learn more before I jump into it.

Where should I be placing my money with my current salary and at my current age and my current goal (of buying a house) ???
Update: My parents told me that an IRA is important but right now this should not be the number one priority. A majority of the people here also seem to agree and it looks like I should place it in a mutual fund.
Update 2: Thanks for all your responses. I know I should diversify my money into the various topics that you all have mentioned. I am still not sure if there is a correct formula or recipe i should follow... (ie. 30% in mutual funds, 40% in IRA, etc.) Also What are Money Market Funds? Should I place my savings... show more Thanks for all your responses.

I know I should diversify my money into the various topics that you all have mentioned.

I am still not sure if there is a correct formula or recipe i should follow...

(ie. 30% in mutual funds, 40% in IRA, etc.)

Also What are Money Market Funds? Should I place my savings into these funds for now?