Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsGeography · 1 decade ago

Can you answer 6th grade social studies questions?

Ok I am a teacher so what I want to know is Who here can answer these 6th grade questions? This includes answering in full sentences ok! Have fun and Good luck!

1. What ocean touches the coasts of Africa, Asia, Australia and Antarctica?

2. Find a large bay in Canada that is north of the Great Lakes. What is its name?

3. Is Iceland closer to the North Pole than New Zealand is to the South Pole? Explain your answer.

4. What sea is at the mouth of the Nile River in Africa?

Wednesday

5. Which is farther east, the east coast of the United States or the east coast of South America?

6. What sea is located at the mouth of the Dneiper River in Ukraine?

Thursday

7. What mountain range runs through western Canada, but not along the coast?

8. What ocean is at the mouth of the Amazon River?

9. What strait, controlled by the United Kingdom, is close to the place where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean?

10. Look at a physical map of the United States. Which state contains more low land, Texas and Colorado?

11. What country is west of Alaska?

12. What is the name given to given to small rivers that flow into larger rivers?

13. What large bay separates Greeland from Baffin Island?

14. If you traveled in a straight line from San Diego, California to Mexico City, Mexico, you would pass through mountains. Name them.

15. Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California all have a border with with country?

16. Look at a physical map of the United States. Which state has higher elevations, Florida or Tennessee?

Update:

I wish I could put to both for best answer but as you know I can't so I think I'm not going to choise best answer so your grades are 100% congradulations!!! you both got an A+ in Social Studies

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Max
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. The Indian Ocean touches all of those continents.

2. The Hudson Bay is the largest bay in Canada.

3. Iceland is closer to the North Pole because it has a higher latitude than New Zealand.

4. The Mediterranean Sea is at the mouth of the Nile River.

5. The east coast of South America is farther east than the east coast of the U.S..

6. The Black Sea is located at the mouth of the Dnieper River in Ukraine.

7. The Canadian Rocky Mountains run through western Canada.

8. The Atlantic Ocean is at the mouth of the Amazon River.

9. The Strait of Gibraltar is close to the place where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean.

10. Texas contains the most lowland because Colorado is in the Rocky Mountains and Texas is a Prarie state.

11. Russia is west of Alaska.

12. These small rivers are called tributaries.

13. Baffin Bay separates Greenland from Baffin Island.

14. The Sierra Madre Mountains are between San Diego and Mexico City.

15. Mexico borders Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California .

16. Tennessee has the Appalachian Mountains. Florida has coastal land.

There you go Jammy

• 1 decade ago

1-The Indian Ocean touches the coasts of Africa, Asia Australia and Antarctica.

2-Hudosn Bay is a large bay in Canada north of the Great Lakes.

3-Iceland is closer to the North Pole than New Zealand is to the South Pole becasue Iceland is right on the Arctic Circle and New Zealand is much further away from the Antarctic circle

4-The mediterreanian sea is at the mouth of the Nile River in Africa.

5-The east coast of south America is farther east than the east Coast of the United States. This can be seen on a map

6-The Black Sea is located at the mouth of the Dneiper River in the Ukraine.

7- The Canadian Rocky Mountains is the mountain range that runs through western Canada but not along the seacoast

8-The North Atlantic Ocean is at the mouth of the Amazon River in Brazil. The equator passes just below the mouth of the Amazon river

9- The Strait of Gibraltar is controlled by the United Kingdom is is close to the place where the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterreanean Sea meet.

10-Texas contains morel owland than Colorado.

11-Russia is west of Alaska. (The Siberian section of the Russian republic)

12-Tributaries is the name given to small rivers that flow into larger rivers.

13-Baffin Bay is the large bay that separates Greenland from Baffin Island

14- You would pass through the Sierra Madre mountains while travelling in a straight line from San Diego to Mexico City

15-Texas new mexico Arizona and California all have a border with the country of Mexico.

16-Tennessee has higher elevations than Florida.

Source(s): was in sixth grade many years ago. Had a great 6th grade teacher who taught us well in geography/Social Studies She made it to be my favorite subject
  • 4 years ago

6th Grade History Questions

• 6 years ago

what is the reasonn that a small number of a farm workers can raise enough food for an entire conry

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

what do you think would happen if the federal government decided to change a state's boarder?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.