Can a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT run Crysis?

Hi, can a Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT run Crysis well on a desktop pc?

Favorite Answer

Yes it can at medium settings with some high. You won't be able to run high or very high. I have an XFX 8600 GT XXX Ed. and these are the settings I used for smooth frame rates.

• moores

The processor is better than adequate for Crysis- the video card is your concern. The 8600GT isn't adequate for best settings. you do no longer choose a quad-middle for ANY present day or quickly-to-be released recreation. you will get lots extra suited overall performance by utilising putting extra funds into your GPU and much less into the CPU. A Geforce 8800GTS or 8800GT paired with an Intel E6550 or maybe E4400 easily outperforms the Q6600/8600GT mixture. better CPU velocity does not help while your video card is the bottleneck. The video hardware can basically render so quickly- going to a good swifter CPU basically ability your device spends extra time waiting on the video card in the previous sending it extra documents.

i earlier had an 8600 Gt but t ran it only on medium settings .

the game went slow when it had to deal with high graphics of beaches etc and i had to give up my settings up to low. i had 2 gb ram . now i am having a quad processor but an 8800gt and am running the game on maxed up settings with the same 2gb ram

I agree but I do not recommend High Quality settings. For an enjoyable experience, run only on medium quality. If you want to upgrade the graphics card, this website is reliable and affordable: http://www.frys.com/

Good luck :)

It had better be able to. Maybe not on the highest settings (depends on the rest of your systems) but it should run fine on Medium.

Source(s): I have an 8600 GT.

YES.

with Medium Settings.

And make sure your memory is at least 1 GB.

Source(s): I have one and use that for playing Crysis.