Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

why do people sweat? (scientific explanation?)?

people sweat for many different reasons: working out, nervousness, heat, etc.

why?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Like you said, people do sweat as a result of various functions that require working out. When you do these activities, you increase the kinetic energy inside of your body, and this in turns raises the temperature to a higher level than what the body is used to. The body likes to have a temperature of about 37 degrees C, and if you deviate it from this temperature, it will try to bring it back down.

One of the things it can do to bring the temperature down is sweat. When the body sweats, the sweat on the surface of your sking evaporates and this will cool you down.

Just so you know, sweat does NOT smeall. When a person sweats, they normally develop a bad odor because the sweat will break down bacteria on the skin, and this is what produces the bad smell. The sweat itself doesn't smell like anything that the human nose or brain can percieve.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

• dupas
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Sweat Science

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why do people sweat? (scientific explanation?)?

people sweat for many different reasons: working out, nervousness, heat, etc.

why?

Source(s): people sweat scientific explanation: https://biturl.im/liNw3
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In humans, sweating is primarily a means of thermoregulation, although it has been proposed that components of male sweat can act as pheromonal cues [1]. Evaporation of sweat from the skin surface has a cooling effect due to the latent heat of evaporation of water. Hence, in hot weather, or when the individual's muscles heat up due to exertion, more sweat is produced. Sweating is increased by nervousness and nausea and decreased by cold. Animals with few sweat glands, such as dogs, accomplish similar temperature regulation results by panting, which evaporates water from the moist lining of the oral cavity and pharynx. Primates and horses have armpits that sweat similarly to those of humans.

• 4 years ago

I heard somewhere that the climate did play a part in the thickness of some black people's attributes. Inherited! Sadly to say most of us don't know from where. The soles of some Africans feet are very thick. Their skin is very dark due the the intensity of the sun. In those tribes where they are very tall was to reach for something like that. I think this is what you was getting at . Sorry I can't add more, But I did however read this somewhere.

• Elaine
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

This is the same technique I have taught over 138,000 men and women in 157 countries to successfully treat their excessive sweating condition over the past 7 years!

Remember: Watch the whole video, as the ending will pleasantly surprise you�

• 1 decade ago

When your exercising, the cells have to produce more energy and this produces heat as well, and if the cells get over heated, the protein in the cells denaturates, to stop the denaturation from occurring, water is released to cool the cells down, water absorbs the heat., thats why you sweat

• 1 decade ago

People sweat to keep their body cool , when sweat evaporates it removes heat. thats why you sweat when you get hot

• 3 years ago

It is caused by stimulation of your sweat glands.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.