Is the Democratic Party finally uniting?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107329/Gallup-Daily-Oba...

As you can see, Obama's lead is widening.

The bigger gap that exists = the more the party is united.

If Hillary were to win, she would have to un-unite the party first, before she could somehow win.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The Democratic Party IS finally uniting - we all agree that Bush is a total disaster. We all agree that McCain will be nothing more than Bush on steroids. And THAT, I think, will be enough to convince the vast majority of Democrats that it is in the best interest of this nation to rally around our nominee, no matter who he or she is.

Right now, we're hearing a lot of disappointment from Clinton supporters, and that's natural. It's great for the party that we had two candidates that were able to inspire such loyalty and devotion. But once it's all over, Hillary's supporters will be told, BY HILLARY, to support Obama with all they've got. If they truly trust and admire Hillary, they will do as she asks. But the election isn't over, and it's too early to expect them to lay down arms and admit that Obama would be OK.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The time grew to become into 1994 while the Dems ran far flung from Clinton at suitable velocity. subsequently commencing the door to the Gingrich Congress. for the reason that then the Dems have had a suited record of capturing themselves interior the foot. Hillary and Barak will proceed sniping at one yet another whilst McCain can leisurely pave a path of roses to the White homestead. His presidency would be no longer something better than Bush III. there'll be no progression interior the financial device, nor will the "mess" in "Mess-o-potamia" be cleared up. Aftrer 4 years while the financial device is interior the crapper and banks can no longer get a bye for their mess ups, while the (very decrease than-expected) 4000 American deaths in Iraq has trippled or quadrupled and Al Quaeda is larger than ever, individuals will returned evaluate "possibly replace could be a powerful element." WE GET the government WE DESERVE.

• 1 decade ago

If you scroll down on the link you posted, you will see that in head to head match-ups... Clinton leads McCain by 2 points, while McCain leads Obama by 1 point.

I hardly think the democratic party is becoming more united.

• LJG
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Let me guess-- an Obama supporter who's trying to prove to people that Hillary is the wrong person for the job and should just back out?

We're all trying to unite despite our differences in candidate. This kind of post is antagonistic and doesn't help the matter any!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Don't get too excited. Other polls show them only 2-5 points apart still. Hillary is also going to win Kentucky and Obama likely to win Oregon. So not so united.

• 1 decade ago

I am afraid that if the Democratic Party does not unite, Our next president will be McCain.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The more Bush opens his mouth and does his "tough talk" the better for the Democrats.

It will help them unite.

McCain still continues to smooch Bush's butt on the issues that Dems are against.

Bush and McCain are joined at the hip.

• 1 decade ago

Unite around a flawed candidate. Sad, but dems actually jettison the stronger candidate in Hillary.

• 1 decade ago

OMG. Meaningless numbers for people who actually analyze data. Not in the least persuasive.

Lemme throw this at you: would you be convinced to take a new drug if it only showed a 5% efficacy benefit with a +/-2% sampling error. I hope not.

From your link -- "For results based on this sample of 4,409 registered voters, the maximum margin of sampling error is ±2 percentage points."

Source(s): Oooh. Look at the thumbs down -- a good sign. Guess I hit an Obamatroll sore spot...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i hope so. But it seems that Hillarys supporters are going to be very bitter soon. Its insane how they would want a rep in office oppose to sticking to their party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.