Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 1 decade ago

How come David Archuleta can screw up the lyrics?

and he does not much critic or voted off, yet Brook and Jason both got massive critic for the screwing up the lyrics, why are people letting him get away with it because of his age ? Every song he does is the same boring garbage !

""If you're saying that he does the same boring garbage, you're dissing music legends because he sang songs from Mariah Carey, Andrew Llyod Webber, Neil Diamond, Elvis Presley, Ben E. King and more.""

He MURDERED the songs, get a grip of yourself, the Elvis song he did, the poor bugger is turning over in his grave he absolutely killed it, as for the other songs once he sung them they turn into medicore songs, HE IS THE ONE dissing those artists.

Favorite Answer

Finally someone I agree with and someone who asks this question because it isn't fair in my opinion.

• Leah

I completely agree with you!!

To whoever said he hasn't screwed up in 8 weeks, CLOSELY watch his Chris Brown performance. Can't be that much of a fan if you CANT notice him stumbling on the lyric? It should be fair, but it isn't and it hasn't been all season. The judges baby him, give him no bad critique. If it was ANYONE else on the show they would REAM them for singing the SAME damn balladeer genre each week.

There is nothing we can do at this point. He has his fans and Cook has his, I belong to the Cook fan population. Whether he wins AI or not, he will be way more successful than Archuleta. You can count on that.

He messed up once, and that was 8 weeks ago. This far in the competition, they shouldn't mess up. And if David did mess up recently, he is obviously good at covering himself because I didn't notice anything, and neither did the judges. If you're saying that he does the same boring garbage, you're dissing music legends because he sang songs from Mariah Carey, Andrew Llyod Webber, Neil Diamond, Elvis Presley, Ben E. King and more.

Its not fair, your right. If he didn't have all those votes from teenage girls, he wouldnt be on anymore. All I can say is that its NOT RIGHT that he's in the finals. Syesha and David Cook should be the top 2, and David Cook should win, but sadly, I don't think he will. And because they messed up the lyrics, Brooke and Jason lost sooo many fans, like me, but when David A. messed up, he didn't even get in the bottom 3!!!! gosh it sucks!!!! and Syesha and David C. never messed up their songs that bad. u are sooo right!

I love Archie, but I am gonna have to agree with this one.

Jason and Brooke was voted off and criticized for forgetting lyrics, but not Archie?!

Archie still has the best vocals and is the best singer left in this competition.

Because most of his fans don't listen to his performances, they're just watching him and drooling!

I swear, if it was any other contestant besides him who flubbed on lyrics (TWICE, by the way), they would've been booted off in a heartbeat.

I agree. His voice is nice and he is very talented, but is overrated. He deserves to be somewhat famous, but Cook should win.

Because he has a gift and forgetting words to a song you never heard before in your life and had to memorize in less than a week doesn't take away from his gift.

It's because he has a massive fan base of screaming teenage girls. (I am not included- I was pulling for Brooke.) You know he's gonna win, just because of those stupid girls... David Cook deserves to win more than he does.

Hmm because the judges love him and are impartial to his mistakes. It probably also helps that they see him as the baby of this season, so he gets it a lot easier.