What would happen if a human touched a bug zapper?

Lets say somebody simply touched the light of the bug zapper, will the person get electrocuted? If so, would it kill him or her?

Favorite Answer

If you were unlucky, the shock could cause your heart to stop ..

I actually touched one to today at a thrift store but i did not know whaat it was cause ive never seen a bug zapper before i was curios and put mi finger right in the net thing and shoked me and my heart was beating really fast in a not normal beat. Moral is dont touch bug zappers

Now, this....is why they tell you not to put your body parts in a bug zapper. (yes I did read that warning before I stuck my finger in.) I was curious about how the bug feels upon entry. This basically is what happens....first...intense burning, electrical pain, followed by sparks, and the odd aroma of cooking meat.....yours.

The moral here is....don't put your finger in a bug zapper, no matter how curious you are or who dares you.

I accidently shocked myself today, from a $15 zapper. It was much more painful then i thought. Actually intense pain for about 5 secs then is gone. I have high pain tolerance, have broken my finger without screaming.

the electric shock is strong enough to kill a bug but it would barely huurt a human cuzz were so big.

you, would turn into a bug! lol

Actually you would get a little zap i grew up in the country and when i was 10 i woundered that same question.

Source(s): Human error!!!
  • Nomadd

They don't put out near enough current to kill you. It would make you say a few words your mother wouldn't approve of.

They would get a shock but it would not kill them unless they had a medical condition. (Pacer)

that human would get zapped

it hurts really bad i did it when i was little