Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentAlternative Fuel Vehicles · 1 decade ago

Are Smart Cars electric?

Ok, so, I REALLY like those Smart Cars. They're actually protective because it has like, roll cage bars around it.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I really like SMART cars, too. They aren't electric, but have very small engines and obviously are light weight so the mileage is great. They do seem to be constructed with safety in mind, ( there IS a safety cage incorporated into the car, just as you mentioned) and only seat two people. I first saw them in Europe myself where they make so much sense because of traffic and parking issues. I can't wait for them to become mainstream here, it can't happen too soon in my opinion! If you're thinking of one, I say Go For It! Lead the way to a better world!

• 5 years ago

The Smart car i a 3 cylinder Turbo diesel engine! Unless it`s a Smart car from Brabus then it is a 4cylinder gas engine!

• 2n2222
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Nope. Gasoline, and the mileage isn't quite as great as you'd imagine. They're mostly considered fashion accessories in Europe, where they've been around for years now.

• 1 decade ago

in canada, their diesel, and their one of the most fuel efficient cars available here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no...and the milage is not so great... they r tiny...regular size hondas.toyotas..even chevy and fords have better

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no they arn't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.