Kelly B asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Sunni countries (Saudi Arabia) aid insurgents in Iraq as do Shia countries(Iran) why do we only hold Iran out?

Both are aiding the wounding and killing of Americans?!!?!?!?!?!?!

And yes I understand that there are Sunni Muslims living in Iran and Shia Muslims living in Saudi Arabia as well as Christians living in both.

I was speaking predominantly.

There are many countries aiding 'insurgents' in Iraq not just Iran although Iran is the only country the U.S. government claims is doing this!

If you try and use the argument that it is not the government of Saudi Arabia but individual citizens that are aiding the Iraqi insurgents I have to take exception to that argument, because everything that I have ever learned about Saudi Arabia is that the only people who have the connections or wealth are the people in the government.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Actually, the reason why the Saudis hate us, whether they are ordinary citizens, or government officials is because we are in their region of sacred "holy land". Ever since the 50's, we overthrew the government of Iran thru the CIA, installing a puppet government for cheaper oil. After the Iran Revolution, they took our hostages because we took over their oil fields. Later, we armed Saddam. again a dictator we installed and armed, to invade Iran. Saddam gave us cheaper oil, but he later knew the dollar was weak. We sanctioned Iraq, crippling its economy and military. After the Gulf war, we kept bombing them, because he did not give us cheaper oil and later dropped the dollar for exchange of the Euro. Iran did the same thing! So now we threaten with war, with propaganda that Iran is killing our soldiers, is purely false. The Iraqi government and Iran have strong ties, yet, we threaten them with war. Don't watch the news, my friend.

Source(s): http://youtube.com/watch?v=ldgbOxDX6DE http://youtube.com/watch?v=EEpp9E6aJGw&feature=rel... Watch these if you want to get educated behind the real facts.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the subject of the following article was Iran, we would be at war with them already:

'April 2, 2008

WASHINGTON -- Saudi Arabia remains the world's leading source of money for Al Qaeda and other extremist networks and has failed to take key steps requested by U.S. officials to stem the flow, the Bush administration's top financial counter-terrorism official said Tuesday.'

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Saudi Arabia isn't arming & training groups and sending them into Iraq to kill, Iran is.

There's the difference.

• 1 decade ago

It is not the Gov't, just like the few scumbags in the U.S.A. that are supporting them also. They are not from the Gov't (maybe the DNC ;) ) but they are giving to terrorist groups with out the permission of the Gov't and are breaking the law. Iran's Gov't is the one giving the money, training, manpower and weapons to the terrorists directly. Also Syria is doing it and that is what the U.S. Gov't claims.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Also, 16 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi. Saudi's oil connections apparently grants them international immunity.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because of Bush/McCain's moneymaking with Saudi Arabia. Didn't get them to lower the price of oil. He's just a lame duck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Far more Iraqis are being killed than Americans.

I am more worried about the countries who fund the forces that kill Iraqis.

Guess who is at the top of THAT list.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you have any links that show SA is funding insurgents?

The problem is the Wahabis. You might want to look them up and expand your "learning".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

because it doesn't fit this administration's personal goals?

that's the only answer I can think of...

there are articles about it, it's not a secret... of course, when you post them it's "just the liberal media"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.