sunnie asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

should I seek help?

basically I find my self at times to be very emotional, sometimes very angry, and bitter. . to the point that I cannot function. little things bother me. . . something bad happens and it just ruins my whole day! sometimes I blow up at people, I'm cussing and acting so ignorant... I give my self a few minutes to calm down then I'm fine again! sometimes when I'm depressed I cannot work, eat go to school... I become very sloppy,I curl up in a ball and just isolate myself for days.. things in my childhood that upset me I cannot talk about without crying.... I'm just concerned about myself.. should I seek help? or will I grow out of this.. (19 yr old)

Favorite Answer

Yes, you should seek help. You will begin finding relief from what you are going through when you can talk to someone and leave it there. As you let things go you will find it easier to cope as it comes on. Eventually you will find you no longer need the help, you have gotten what you need, and you've learned how to cope. It is a great relief to be able to speak to someone who will respect your privacy and also know you are not burdening people you know with your stuff. Plus, you don't have to worry about opening yourself up too much to people you don't want to.

Yes, I think you should seek help. I think you'll be glad you did.

You have a very bad case of emoness and need to see a therapist!

what else do you expect us to say?

i felt compelled to add something! i am 18 and have been very emotional lately also- i sometimes cannot sleep because things bother me so much...but if you have stuff bothering you from your past, you need to get that out of your system and not let it fester and poison you from the inside out! :D

hello

wish you good luck ,ihope you look forward and never think about childhood because its something already pased and will never come back so just learn from the past only the leasons and experinces and find out the good sides of life .

You said it is affecting you to the point where you cannot function so the answer is YES. Goof luck.

you should see a therapist or try telling someone, it can sometimes help to tell someone, they might be able to help.