how long before google or other site list my site?

i just bought a domain and currently adding content, how long is it before google going to start listting my site and how often are they going to update my listing?

thanks

Favorite Answer

This depends on various factors. It could be a few minutes or a few weeks depending on the sites that link to you and their pagerank. The easiest and fastest way to get this done is basically submit your site to google via the google webmaster tools found here: http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools

Once you've submitted your site, just focus on improving the SEO of the site base on how you code it, and get a lot of high quality sites to link to you (especially relevant sites) and you'll get indexed in Google in no time. Higher ranking however, will take time.

Send it directly to Google at http://www.google.com/addurl and you will see it indexed in Google in about a week or so. Now you may want to see your domain in Google rankings on the first page, this will take some SEO, look into URL and title tags and add your website name.

post to couple of forums with your site as signature - the entire url. Pick high PR forums related to your content. It will be indexed within 24-48 hours. Could be less.

Good luck

The cheapest way is to wait, have your keywords in the correct meta-tags, and have active links to and from other sites. Don't believe any other promises to get you a good google ranking for money. They're just trying to rip you off.

I generally find sites get indexed very quickly. My new company www.whambanners.com is experiencing rapid member growth due to google indexing it within 24 hours of its launch.