Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

what does fickle mean (in harry potter, goerge is like "ur fickle ________~ i kinda 4get what~ to ron)????????

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A>) fickle is like. . .wishy washy

unable to make a stand for one thing, always changing your mind, changing sides, uncertain, lacking in decisiveness; without strength or character; irresolute.

B>) fick·le

–adjective

1. likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.

2. not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover

—Synonyms

1. unstable, unsteady, variable, capricious, fitful. 2. inconstant. 1, 2. Fickle, inconstant, capricious, vacillating describe persons or things that are not firm or steady in affection, behavior, opinion, or loyalty. Fickle implies an underlying perversity as a cause for the lack of stability: the fickle seasons, disappointing as often as they delight; once lionized, now rejected by a fickle public. Inconstant suggests an innate disposition to change: an inconstant lover, flitting from affair to affair. Capricious implies unpredictable changeability arising from sudden whim: a capricious administration constantly and inexplicably changing its signals; a capricious and astounding reversal of position. Vacillating means changeable due to lack of resolution or firmness: an indecisive, vacillating leader, apparently incapable of a sustained course of action.

(OK- I admit, this is overkill) (but it's fun)

Source(s): A>) Me B>) Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Being fickle is being subject to erratic change in one's character. George is saying that Ron is susceptible to changing his mind a lot.

• Vronni
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

changing one's mind often, not able to choose and stick with it, often used in reference to relationships

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.