Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Did the Image of China Goverment Improve from recent Massive EarthQuake?

I heard china receive many positive statements from the western median and organization like Red Cross from doing a good job relieve disaster rescue and most open to media ever at its goverment, does the image of china improve?

Favorite Answer

I don't think Chinese government needs to improve its image either for the earthquake disaster. It holds tight with its principals no matter how the western nations try to influence its policy. The earthquake disaster teaches the world how fast and efficient its government can put its executive order into execution to minimize the loss as much as possible in a shortest time. How efficient its army, militias and mobilized relief workers are in terms of helping their own fellow citizens. If one still has the memory of Katrina, he/she should make a fair comparison on this. Chinese Premier reached the disaster area and worked with relief workers side by side within 12 hours after the earthquake took place. One has to ask ourself how long it took our government officials to reach Katrina disaster area 4 years ago. When one speaks, when one makes criticism, he/she should check his/her conscious and speak objectively with honesty.

Yes,

in comparison to myanmar (wrong spelling I know) they look awesome, and even compared to us in katrina. But the image of China is so negative it would be hard to not improve. It does say alot about where China is cutting corners in codes and regulations. I know alot of people hate Government mandates and all that but many of these deaths come from inadequate non ehxistant building codes. It is an awesome P.R. tool (sorry to sound un empathetic) for China though, it draws people together through the concept of suffering and Disaster. And I wish Burma would follow their example to at least make an attempt

My personal opinion is the lack of oil under the earth's surface. Oil is a natural source for keeping heat from getting through to the surface of the earth, and the way oil companies are draining all the oil from mother earth, its no wonder that we are starting to see some really disasterous natural problems around the world. Maybe its because of global warming, bet that has something to do with it. And if you think earthquakes are getting bad, wait til these super hurricanes begin hitting populated areas of the world, its really a shame that mankind allows sheer greed to get in his way of better judgement.

I don't know, but I do know that the image of the U.S. and other Western Hypocracies have taken a dive. The so-called "richest nation on Earth" have so far only contributed a measly $500,000 to one of the largest disasters in history. And NONE of the other Western Hypocracies, who are always drooling with "human rights" from their lips, have contributed ANYTHING to help with the rescue efforts almost a week after one of the most devastating earthquakes in history struck. Where's the humanity and "human rights" that they have always preached, NOW?

In comparison, the relatively less severe Katrina disaster in the U.S. (a.k.a. "the richest nation on Earth) received a handout of $5 million from China (i.e. 10 TIMES the amount that "the richest nation on Earth" has given China for this earthquake.

"They are horrible to their people." - the chinese studies expert

You would know that...with you either being chinese or have lived in china before.

Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see.

I dont know how china is to their people, i just know i'm getting screwed every time i fill up for gas.

Of course it did. China has basically all the manpower and cash it needs to get everything done.

I think it had more to do with the Olympics then anything else but they did well. I don't see this sitution changing anything longterm. They are horrible to their people.