Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Opinions on a name?

I'm due August 7th with a baby boy.

We've decided on the name Jaxon/Jackson. Spelling is still up in the air. I prefer the traiditional spelling, and fiance likes it with the x. I've asked this before, but want more opinions... what do you think?

Full name would be Jackson Dean White. Also, do you like the name in general, regardless of spelling?

Which spelling do you prefer?

The middle name will not be changing asit's after my grandfather. Funny you suggested Jason though, as that's my fiance's name :)

Favorite Answer

Jackson is the spelling I prefer. Might also like Jamison

I like the unusual spelling of Jaxon also, however you will find yourselves having to spell it constantly!

I love the name, either way you spell it, I can see the appeal of the traditional spelling, but it's so popular nowadays to have these crazy spellings!

My name is pronounced "Arianna", the d being silent, so believe me I know what I'm talking about!

I think it will more depend on what baby Jaxon or Jackson thinks, when he gets older... Some kids love unusual names, and some kids hate them!

Congrats & Good Luck!

I would definitely go with the traditional spelling. I'm sorry, but I just hate the way Jaxon looks. looks like something spell check missed. Sorry! I love Jackson though!

I like the whole name.

But Jaxon would give the boy some uniqueness unlike the traditional spelling, Jackson.

Jackson Dean is nice. The other spelling is just annoying (nothing personal, I'm just not huge on creative spellings.) The name itself if very nice. You can call him Jacky when he's little, and if he wants to be a tough punk when he's a teenager he can go by JD

Jackson IS VERY CUTE. Thats What I am going to name my son! And what's Funny is my dads name is Dean, so That was one of the middle Names. Or Logan! :) Good Lucky!

It's a very nice name. I like both spellings-it would be hard for me to choose one or the other too...but, maybe I like Jackson just a little bit better.

I prefer the traditional spelling...unless you want his nickname to be Jax instead of Jack...at some point someone will try and shorted his name so I would think about that before picking a spelling!

• Aoife

I like Jackson Dean. It's cute

• Tess

I like the name :)

Preferably Jackson