I need a little latching relay to switch a little device on-off, powered with 2,4v. How do I find/use it?

The device is my electric shaver: I lost the charging cable & the internal circuit is sort of..broken (I managed to power the 2x 1,2 v accus inside with a normal charger, but it doesn't work anyway) Now, reversing some of the circuitry, I discovered I could override the whole IC board (infact, remove it),... show more The device is my electric shaver: I lost the charging cable & the internal circuit is sort of..broken (I managed to power the 2x 1,2 v accus inside with a normal charger, but it doesn't work anyway)

Now, reversing some of the circuitry, I discovered I could override the whole IC board (infact, remove it), and just by using a latching relay control the power from the batteries. When they run flat, I can always extract/replace them. A little complicated, but still cheaper than buying a new one.

Why a latching relay? Because the "on off button" is not a switch, rather a little contact - infact, I could even avoid using the relay, but shaving keeping that button pressed is an hassle I'd rather avoid. Now, I figured the component out, but I still don't know how to control it: where could I find the most microscopic one (solid state? electromagnetic?) and how do I manage to use it to control a 2,4v voltage?
Update: Well.. I bet there are other solution to my problem out there, than a relay. Other ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Update 2: Still looking around for answers, I found out I could easily enough use complementary transistors to latch, but I haven't found a scheme that uses the same button to switch..let me know if you found any.