Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do people mis-spell your name?

People mis-spell "Greta" all the time...they spell it as "Gretta" or "Greata".

Best Answer

My name is Finbar, yes I know its probly one of the weirdest you've heard. It's Irish so it can have many spellings. People spell it Phinbar, Fimbar, or Finber. My sister's name is the worst. It's Aoife, pronounced EFFA. People spell it Effa, Efa, Epha, etc..

• Carrie

Mostly Zimbabwe and Srilanka player names are mis-spelled as well as some of the commentator don't know how to pronounce their names. Zimbabwe player names: Stuart Matsikenyeri Waddington Mwayenga Srilankan player names: Kumar Chokshanada Sangakkara Withanaarchchige Chamara Akalanka Ganegama cheers

Actually, one cannot actually misspell Japanese names, since they use Kanji symbols, not an alphabet. Miyuki may become Mee Yooki, Meuki, etc. Kyojin might be Kio Jeen, Kyou Gene, etc. There are usual ways of rendering most names in Romanji that corresponds to Roman letters used in the USA.

Lol who doesn't have their name misspelled? Haha. People like to misspell my name in several ways like: Kristopher, Christopher, Christofer. Makes sense considering Kristofer. Being spelled that way is not usual haha

Source(s): Myself and everybody that I know

haha yes its so annoying

my name is Kimberley

but everyone spells it Kimberly without the E

even my school spells it wrong...and they still havent changed it from the system. Im going to finish school this year and the VCAA has spelt my name wrong. and now hanks to their mistake i have to file a form to get them to change it which will take about a week or so.

I have mistyped it as Grate several times before going back and fixing it. LOL

Yes, people misspell my name all the time. The common ones I get are Mary Anne, Marianne, and Mariann. It's really not that hard of a name....Mary Ann :) without an e :)

Just a little, sometimes people would be kind enough to ask me how they spell my name, almost everyone does! It's actually cute!!! The Sub teacher I had on Friday was going to write my name S-h-a-u-n-a, but it's actually Shawna..

You would be surprised how many people mis spell Anthony.

Most of the time they leave out the H.

Or they leave out an O and turn it into an A.

Then for those wonderful people, they call me Tony...I don't like that.

Good luck!!

My name is pretty common, most people don't really mess it up. But I do get the occasional people who will spell it with an "s" instead of a "z".

They mis-spell my last name all the time.