Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Serious question this time. Does anybody else like Tommy Emmanuel?

If you have not heard him check him out. He is an amazing acoustic guitar player. I can't post a link to youtube on the computer that I am on. He was named Austrailia's greatest guitar player for 4 years in a row. You would be hard pressed to find a better acoustic player. He does things I have never seen anyone else do. Well worth your time.

Update:

lol evil sandia, I don't mean those kind of things. I'm talking about things on the guitar

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He's a great guitarist. I've never seen him live, unfortunately, since I live in the US and he's from Australia. I know he's here quite often and I've heard him on A Prairie Home Companion from time to time. PHC's regular guitarist is Pat Donohue who is also brilliant and I know they've performed together.

I have several CDs of Emmanuel and they're all great. There are some clips on youtube that show him off pretty well.

He's one of my absolute favorites along with Harvey Reid, Pat Donohue, Tony Rice, and Norman Blake.

• 1 decade ago

Probably.

Michael Jackson does things I've never seen anyone do but that doesn't make him great. That makes him sick.

Source(s): me
  • 1 decade ago

I'm a fan! He certainly is amazing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have heard of him and i think i may have heard his music once with my dad. hes good from what i remeber

Source(s): I answered yours, please answer mine! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200805...
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wow, its been a while since I've heard his name. I havent even heard any of his new stuff either .. thanks for the flashback!

• 1 decade ago

neer heard of him before

so, i youtubed him...he is pretty good

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WHO?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.