film festivals?

im a15 year old movie director/producer. and i was wondering if there is a film festival out there in america that i can enter my movies in. i was looking at sun-dance film festival and i don't now if i can or how to enter my movies. im not looking to be the next best thing i just want to get my movies out there thank you

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I would suggest checking out some of the online film festivals to start with (example links below). This should give you an idea of what they are looking for. Enter a few of them if you can and see how it goes. Hopefully you may even get some feedback. I believe you probably have to get lots of good exposure for your work to get noticed. I think the big well-known film festivals (like sundance, tribeca, cannes) have industry people choose the films that are entered so it will go on reputation and quality. Good luck with it.

Bear in mind that film festivals are a place for new, emerging talent. The films there are often not perfect, so believe in yourself and don't be afraid to aim high!