Is facial bleach (for small hairs) safe to use during pregnancy?

Favorite Answer

Using any kind of chemicals on or in your body during pregnancy is a terrible thing. Anything you put on yourself soaks into your skin and goes into your system, ultimately reaching the baby. We don't know the effects of all the stuff on the market. They say "such and such is safe" and a few years later they are yanking off the shelf saying is terrible and don't use it.

Play it safe with unborn babies!

• zook

1

Source(s): Reverse Baldness http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?77VB

Bleaching Body Hair While Pregnant

• Darla

I would maybe wait until after the baby due to the chemicals in the bleach that you may inhale and such. Probably not to good. But they have not found anything wrong with women dying their hair yet but i would just do it with caution if you really feel like you MUST bleach you hair...Getting ready for a baby? ok. Gl

There is some kind of misconception about bleaching and dying hair whie pregnant. My midwife told me it was completely fine just make sure you are in a well vented place while doing so. you and your baby will be just fine!!!!! No worries.... I know i will be thumbs down on this but whatever... im just telling you the truth that a medical personal told me!! Go for it, get rid of those dark hairs and stay sexy wheile pregnant :) Congrats btw.!!!

Source(s): Midwife told me!!!!!!!

Have you ever heard of the Epistick? It looks like it would do a good job and it would be safe and only a 1 time fee - I would avoid bleach.

• memex

Hey,

Apparently you are not allowed to use anything with to many chemicals, its kinda like hair dye they have not actually proved that it can harm the baby in anyway but they prefer you to not take the risk..... im kinda contemplating dying my hair still.. hmmmm..... but to be honest even if it dont harm the baby your skin and stuff becomes very sensitive during pregnancy so i would be careful you dont burn yourself if you do wanna do it! Hope i helped a little! x

I dont think so cause i read w/e u put on ya skin goes to the baby But who am i to judge am african american so i usually have to relaxe my hair with a chemical which i might not do till i give birth

I wouldnt think so because they say dont bleach your teeth and dont bleach your hair but maybe u should ask your doctor

I am not a docotor but i dont see why not? I know plenty of women who use chemicals like that who are expecting, such as hairstylists so i dont see the harm! =)