My daughter is 28, single, and owns her own small home but?

she doesn't seem to care about keeping the house or yard clean. I'm not a perfect housekeeper and never have been, but I always kept my home neat. It doesn't bother my daughter that the kitchen sink is scummy or the bathroom is dirty or that there is cat hair and dust everywhere. The cat litter pans... show more she doesn't seem to care about keeping the house or yard clean. I'm not a perfect housekeeper and never have been, but I always kept my home neat.

It doesn't bother my daughter that the kitchen sink is scummy or the bathroom is dirty or that there is cat hair and dust everywhere. The cat litter pans are always full of poop. The yard is full of weeds.

She is well educated, has a good job and bought the house herself, but seems to be too busy with her many activities to look after it properly.

Is this just the younger generation? They don't seem to care about a dirty house.
Update: Wow! What great answers. My daughter always has a boyfriend. She won't hire someone to do the housework. Don't know why. Her yard is very small and mostly weeds. Right now she is out of town again.