Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

Can Columbia Students, Graduates Alumni or People who know Info About This School Help Me ? Thankyou?

I am a junoir and I am going to be a senoir and I want to Apply Next year witha 3.4-3.5 . The thing is , is that my gpa CANNOT get me into comlumbia college - I want to get into thier General Studies School for good reasons though. The thing is is that I hear it is for non-traditional students ( marines, parents, Year off kids ). But I want to come straight out of high school thier....I heard they do accept SOME right out of high school though:

I have ADHD and it caused me to get by with B's and C's Untill Jr. year when I got medicated and know gettting straight A's and enrolled in 5 APs which I will breeze through senoir year . I want to have the option to go part time and full time due to my disablity and this school can offer that for me while supplying a prestigious education . I want to Go to medical school and they offer pre-med as well. I have been in the junoir olympics, won two national titles, award fromt he city, been on a T.V show,

I work for a medical firm, Lifeguard, 400 community service hours, my mother is an Israeli and I heard a lot of Israeli soldiers attend their which makes me more versatile to their college. I come from one of the best schools in California and in the nation as well. I have been around the country for sports. I have Family (Uncle with my last name) Alumni at the Journalism school who graduated with Honors. SAT 1900(I could bring it up before I apply) – So I want to know anything and everything about this college and what are my chances. I looked at the website and it says they do accept kid’s right out of high school but that’s all it said and nothing more. Any thoughts? Help? Chances?

Sorry about the spelling , this was done with cursory.

My number are not good but I I hear thier General Studies program is very lineant on gpa with this college and I would apply to thier disabilty programs. I have heard many rumors about how they accept kids with bad grades as well??? whats the truth here.

I am a female by the way ...I know it does not matter but just to make yuo aware if it does.

Just incase I am talking about COLUMBA GENERAL STUDIES . Not the other colleges.

Favorite Answer

I don't think your numbers are good enough.