Have you read A LITTLE PRINCESS By Frances Hodgson Burnett???

if you have, can you tell me what your thoughts were when you started reading it and your thoughts at the end of the book.

• ck1
    Favorite Answer

The very first time I read it (I've read it several times now), my first thoughts were that I didn't like it that her father was bringing her to England to go to school; a school so far away from her father and everything she knows. It seemed rather harsh to me, though, in that day, it wouldn't have been considered harsh at all.

When I got to the end of the book (and through most of the story), I totally loved it. I thought Sara was so brave and wonderful throughout her experiences. I was also glad that Miss Minchin had her comeuppance! I also felt so sorry for Thomas Carrisford and was glad for him at the end. I loved Ram Dass and how he watched over little Sara.

In the end, I considered it a wonderful story. It made me want to read more of Frances Hodgson Burnett's books, and I am glad I did. The Lost Prince is one of my favorites of hers along with The Secret Garden, Little Lord Fauntleroy, The Shuttle (a little known adult novel) and others.

Did you enjoy it? If so, you might be interested in the nearly 3-hour movie version made in 1986 with Nigel Havers in it. Though not a perfect adaptation, it is still excellent - far better, I thought, than the 1995 movie.

I hope this helps.

Yeah. i read it a couple yrs ago. it was a great book! i didnt know they made a film version.