Mal asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

In Airline term what is 55 x 40 x 20 cm?

"Each piece of hand baggage may not be larger than 55 x 40 x 20 cm and may not weigh more than 8 kg."

I bought 24" inch suitcase, is that rite ? or how to check it

Favorite Answer

The conversion of cm to inches is to divide the cm by 2.53333.

So your luggage dimensions need to be 21.7" x 15.7" x 7.8" all these numbers are in inches.

The airlines are forgiving for very close but I'd not chance it if I had to be where I was going. If your baggage is not rigid you should be able to get it into the little wooden box they have for checking when they get irritable about it.

Remember 2.53 cm per inch or ~30.5 cm per foot

55 Cm To Inches

It doesn't matter because all of those measurements are less than the maximums so your luggage is the right size. Edit: Once you can get your bag into the cage, in whichever direction it will fit, you'll be ok. Unless you've got some massive handles, wheels or something else that stops the bag from going in, there won't be a problem. You won't even need to argue which is height and which is width; Ryanair can be awkward but not even they can argue that one :-)