Pain and cramping in upper thighs?? Labor??

I am 37 weeks pregnant, but i went to doctor today and measured 40 weeks, also the first day of last period was August 2nd?? but my doctor is going by my first ultrasound measurements??

I am having these cramping pains in my upper thighs and it's worse if i am walking or standing..i was dialated to a 1 and a half today the doctor told me, is this thigh pain labor? I have been have tightening contractions all day, but no tummy pain?? Help.. i feel so bad..

ps..i am on my aunts yahoo lol so its not her thats preggo

Favorite Answer

I hope every thing turn out fine, with you and the child that will be born soon, I think you are soon will be in labour, i had these same things happennig to me, with my daughter, my legs hurt so bad, they put me in the hospital, because i couldn't stand nor sit, the doctor had said she was going to be born on Jan, the 18th, and she came on the 8th, so just be very careful, because when babies are ready to be born, they just comes , no matter what the doctors says, so i was in and out of the hospital for a month, because i had soooo much pain in both of my legs, it was a nite-mare, i do which you the best, and that you will be pain free pretty soon, just hang in there you are going to be fine, i will pray for you, that you have a safe, and normal birth, and i just stop and closed my eyes , and Told The Lord, that you and your Child, are in his hands , to protect , and keep you both, safe, in Jesus ,Name and i hope you don't mind, that. Be Bless!!, Congratulation, on your soon arrival. peace out.

Pain In Upper Thighs

Cramping In Thighs

http://www.babycenter.com/0_braxton-hicks-contract...

What are Braxton Hicks contractions?

Braxton Hicks contractions are sporadic uterine contractions that start about 6 weeks into your pregnancy, although you won't be able to feel them that early. You probably won't start to notice them until sometime after mid-pregnancy, if you notice them at all. (Some women don't.) They get their name from John Braxton Hicks, an English doctor who first described them in 1872.

As your pregnancy progresses, Braxton Hicks contractions tend to come somewhat more often, but until you get to your last few weeks, they'll probably remain infrequent, irregular, and essentially painless. Sometimes, though, Braxton Hicks contractions are hard to distinguish from early signs of preterm labor.

Play it safe and don't try to make the diagnosis yourself. If you haven't hit 37 weeks yet and you're having more than four contractions in an hour — or you have any other signs of preterm labor (see below) — call your caregiver immediately.

By the time you're within a couple of weeks of your due date, your contractions may get more intense and more frequent, and they may cause some discomfort. Unlike the earlier painless and sporadic Braxton Hicks contractions, which caused no obvious cervical changes, these contractions may help your cervix "ripen" — gradually soften and thin out (efface) and maybe even dilate a bit. This period is sometimes referred to as pre-labor.

I never heard of labor contractions in the thighs - is there such a thing? I would guess that you're not in labor, but maybe you're getting some actual cramps in your thigh muscles. Maybe try to get someone to massage those puppies for you. Good luck, sounds like maybe it won't be long before you do go into labor.

I had contractions in my legs for my 2nd child. However I also had normal contractions before. The leg ones did not start until after I got to the hospital. It did feel a lot like leg cramps, but by they also made my legs shake uncontrollably. The next morning after all was said and done I felt like I had run a marathon. I would just watch for normal contractions to start, you could be having some braxton hicks in your legs.

Good Luck and Congratulations

Fix Forward Head Posture Now!

I've been having those same pains, I'm dilated to 2 cms. My doctor said that pain is just increased pressure from my baby's head because hes dropped. Real fun to wobble out of bed, huh? hah, you'll be fine.

1