I have had two root canals on the same tooth?

I had a root canal done in december and the tooth was in constant pain after the procedure. So the dentist went back into my mouth and did another root canal on the same tooth nearly 4 months later. While I was having the procedure done he went to dig out one of the canals and sharp pain went through my jaw. He... show more I had a root canal done in december and the tooth was in constant pain after the procedure. So the dentist went back into my mouth and did another root canal on the same tooth nearly 4 months later. While I was having the procedure done he went to dig out one of the canals and sharp pain went through my jaw. He left that canal alone and came back to it, the pain had not gone away, everytime he went into the canal I got a sharp pain in my jaw. This was with my face numbed al to heck. How can I feel that pain if my face was NUMB! It has been about a month now and I stil have pain in that tooth. Oh by the way I am not sure if this is relevant or not, but on the first procedure he did his tool got stuck in my canal and it literally took him close to ten minutes to yank it out of my mouth, yes I said YANK IT OUT!! anyone ever heard of this ?? should I be getting my money back? should I be suing him? do I have any rights? or is this completely normal?
Update: Oh and to add to this, I already have a crown on the tooth. He had to drill through the $1500 porcelain crown and re-do the root canal that I think he messed up.
Update 2: My problem is, he is a really nice dentist. And I have a real problem with suing people. Doesnt feel right, but neither does my tooth!!!