Christy asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

my 4 month old puppy just ate a cookie!?

what should i do my 4 month old puppy just at a peanut butter chocolate cookie? It wasnt very big but im concerned.

Favorite Answer

My parents had a dog once, just a small Bichon, who ate a chocolate cookie (on accident of course) and he was just fine. I wouldn't be overly concerned. Maybe call your vet technician just to be sure they don't want you to bring him in.

• Z

It's good that you're so attentive. You didn't say how big your puppy was, or if the cookie had dark chocolate, which has more theobromine than milk chocolate. To be sure, call your vet and tell them exactly what your dog ate.

• Bink

4 month puppy ate cookie

• Jane B

There's such a small amount of chocolate in a cookie that, unless your pup is the size of a hamster,will not effect him.

Do Not induce vomiting, you'll only end up with a puking pup for no reason.

• face2

Bakers dark chocolate is the lethal chocolate for dogs. If it was only a little milk chocolate, just watch him for 'rhea or vomiting, and being extra tired.

If you have a normal vet, call them and tell them what happened. They know how much he weighs, etc... usually an assistant can answer that question on the phone.

I really wouldn't panic. My children give our puppies cookies all the time even though they know they aren't aloud. Your pup will be fine and probably want more.

How much does the dog weigh? And how much chocolate? That is a HUGE factor. If it's just a little.. I would not worry about it. Just watch the dog. If he/she starts vomitting or starts acting loopy and out of it or anything out of the ordinary, then IMMEDIATELY take it to the vet. DO NOT wait. But, if they are not exhibiting any of those signs.. I would not worry about it.

If you are really concerned, you can make it throw up. You can do this with a little peroxide. It's not lethal.. but it will make the dog vomit. But.. I would call your vet before you do that.

Link on the peroxide thing: http://www.ehow.com/how_2212541_make-dog-vomit-usi...

Good luck!

DONT PANICK my dog once ate 8 oreos and he is fine just make sure that he doesnt eat alot thats somthing to be concerned about if your still woried i would call the vet just to see if there is anything you can do to help him digest it.

chances are slim that he'll get sick from eating a cookie.

Just make sure to keep everything out of his reach that may harm him.

Source(s): shots...lots and lots of shots
  • loulou

I'm sure he'll be fine. But for future reference make sure you never ever give him chocolate as it contains theo bromine and can kill dogs!!