Anas asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Does our childhood experiences influence our current behaviors?

Pls.. reply in detail...

• Ms.G.
    Favorite Answer

Yes, childhood is when we learn how to interact with our world. We learn the difference between right and wrong, we learn respect for others, trust, we learn our self value and self respect. How you treat yourself and others is determined from the environment you are raised in. What you determine is important in life, what has meaning and what does not, what is worth pursuing etc. It has been proven in various studies that children who do not form secure bonds with their caregivers as children have hard times forming appropriate relationships as adults, they have a greater tendency to be alcoholics, and to abuse substances. What is learned in childhood such as the way dad treated mom etc stays with you through adulthood and will often be used as your guide whether it is conscious or unconscious. You may follow it to a tee or you may strive to break free, but you use it as a guide none-the-less!

Yes, and even though I would never change a thing...

My dad beat me as a discipline, because his dad beat him and so on.

Because of this, I have a bad self confidence issue...

But, I never got into trouble in my teen years since I knew what would happen when dad found out, so it wasn't all bad.

I have disciplined my children 3 times between them and my son is almost 18, and daughter is almost 15.

They have all the confidence in the world..

Yes.

Childhood is when we learn how to interact with others and with the world, by watching it happen around us. What we saw and experienced teaches us what to expect and how to respond to the world.

Is this for homework? Cause, seriously, you should know this...

• Tigger

Of course it does. There have been studies done on that subject with twins and other multiples. It's called nature and nurture.