Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

my brothers baby has chicken pox he came to our house without her, can he still be a carrier can my kid get it

my brothers baby has the chicken pox, my brother came to our house but stayed outside with my husband, can he still be a carrier, does my baby have a chance of getting it, he didnt see my baby... but like i said he was outside with my husband can my husband be a carrier now?

Favorite Answer

Chicken Pox is a viral infection and is spread by the droplets from mouth or nose of an infected person. It can also spread through direct contact of the chicken pox before they have scabbed over. If your brother has already had the chicken pox then he is immune to the virus thus will not be carrying it around with him. In some rare cases a person does come down more than once with chicken pox, but it is usually because the first case was very mild and the patient did not receive full immunity. If your husband has likewise already had chicken pox, he won't carry the virus around with him, either. Getting natural immunity from actually coming down with the chicken pox isn't really that bad and will make one less immunization for your baby to receive. My children are older (28, 26, 23, and 10). The older 3 were born back in the "old days" when there was no such thing as a chicken pox vaccine. In those days, when someone came down with the chicken pox, anyone with a child who hadn't had them yet would call and ask if their child could come and be exposed (yes, on purpose). For us, it was just one of those child hood facts of life that parents wanted to get over with. My oldest brought them home from kindergarten, 2 weeks later my 3 year old came down with them, and 2 weeks after that my 7 month old came down with them. With my youngest, the vaccine was fairly new when she was a baby so I opted out of giving her that vaccine to see if she would come down with them and get natural immunity. She did finally get them in second grade. A person is contagious a couple days before the symptoms of chicken pox start, but a person who has not caught the virus is not contagious.

Source(s): Mom for 28 years to 4, grandma to 1, child care provider for 20 years.

1

Source(s): Fast Chicken Pox Cure - http://ChickenPox.siopu.com/?uPHM

This is so unlikely it is not an issue. Most people have to rub on a chicken pox infected person to get them. How old is your baby? Has he/she gotten the pox immunization shot yet? they have found that chicken pox is linked to getting shingles in the elderly so I can see why you don't want them. Just keep the babies separate and you should be fine.

No. chicken pox are contagious 3 days before the spots appear and are contagious until the last spot has gone hard and scabbed over! chicken pox are spread from direct contact with the spots or through droplets such as coughing! its not contagious through other people, so no your brother is not a carrier! click on the link before for more information!

hope i helped, all the best xxx

he can be a carrier, especially if he hasn't had it before. but newborns rarely get sick. my 7 year old got chicken pox when he was a year old and he didn't suffer too bad. but my 4 year old got the chicken pox vaccine when he was a newborn and when chicken pox was going around the community he never caught it.

Did they have chicken pox as children (the men/) if no then there is a chance. If they did then ithere is a slim chance. Probably not though. Especially if you are breast feeding since the baby will be protected by your antibodies.

yes