Generic or brand name ...?

What HAS to be brand name for you (regarding anything ... food, household items, clothing, etc)?

What things do you settle with generic for?

I'll add some of my own examples ...

I usually have to get brand name cereal ... generic usually tastes like chemicals.

Same with water ... I have had gross experiences with store brand water ... I usually get Poland Spring water or Smart water now ...

I get brand name canned food and snack foods (like oreos) ...

I will buy generic chips, juice, milk, any household things like tp, paper towels, paper plates ...

I like brand name cleaning stuff ... like Kaboom.

I think all clothes have a "brand" ... but I don't buy really expensive brands. I probably wouldn't spend more than $20 on a shirt, not more than $40 on jeans ... but I won't buy crappy stuff either ... like ... I want the seams to be sewn straight ... lol.

Favorite Answer

Brand name as far as clothes, but for example with soda, it doesn't usually matter even though I like Pepsi... guess it just depends.

Ketchup has to be Heinz

Peanut butter has to be Jif

Canned fruits and veggies have to be Del Monte

English muffins have to be Bays

Facial tissue has to be Kleenex

TP has to be Scott

Automobiles HAVE to be Ford

I try a lot of generic food products and I have several favorite clothing brands. I use generic drugs for OTC and RX, too.

Cool Q!

ohg, 1st of all, that tie-dye rocks!!! I go generic; I mean, all you're paying extra for is the brand name. If I could see/taste a/the difference, then I might go brand. But, for me, it's generic.

I buy generic everything except makeup and Toilet Paper..lol. Generic stuff is less expensive and I have to live on a tight budget. Got to buy the good TP though to make sure my @$$ is clean when I am done...LMAO

Generic for me,like in walmart i buy the great value stuff,you gotta try the great value creamy caramel milk chocolate cups,unless you have already,but they're in a blue bag in the candy isle.

food and clothes brand names~

some generic medicines

La disfunción eréctil es la incapacidad del hombre para lograr y mantener una erección suficiente tanto para su propia y por las necesidades de los socios en la gestión de las relaciones sexuales.

Si usted sufre de disfunción eréctil debe intentar esta solución natural que ya ha resuelto este problema para muchos hombres de todo el mundo! [Link]

Crest,Dawn and Advil are must have.

I don't mind other things being the store brand

Uhm, for brand name, I prefer like face washes... stuff like that. Other than those, it's generic for me.

Mac and Cheese must be Kraft

can fruit and Veggies can be generic

they are all the same.