How's a metal roof compare to a shingle roof in a cold weather climate?

??? heat loss difference, which is better, worse? same?
Update: ive read through that article as many as 3 times before you cut and pasted it, it says nothing about efficiency of the two in cold weather climates. i need to know if there is a heat loss difference and since i can't find anything i may have to assume there isn't much difference
Update 2: the cost of a new metal roof, they say, is 3 times as much as shingles, but, can last twice as long with less effort taking down the old material when it needs to be replaced, so... ive been a fan on metal roofing but in my particular situation i am considering buying a home that already has metal roofing and would... show more the cost of a new metal roof, they say, is 3 times as much as shingles, but, can last twice as long with less effort taking down the old material when it needs to be replaced, so... ive been a fan on metal roofing but in my particular situation i am considering buying a home that already has metal roofing and would like to know as much about efficiency bc it is a log home in the first place (log homes are inefficient against cold climates)
4 answers 4