what is the cost of living for IL?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The cost of living for IL will vary in different areas. Here's a cost of living calculator that you can use to find the cost of living in different cities there, as well as median salary information for your job title in those cities: http://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator....

I looked up the cost of living in Chicago and this is what I found: http://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/... Overall, the cost of living there is 11% above the national average, but the cost of housing is 28% above the national average. You can also use this calculator to compare the cost of living in your current city with cities in Illinois. That will give you a better idea of how your standard of living might change if you decide to move.

Hope that helps,

Assistant to Dr. Salary

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

If you are accepting 4.5K ($4,500) per year, then you will never make it in Illinois. If you will be making $45,000 per year, then you will have a very hard time making it in Naperville, IL. Unless you have a large sum of money saved up, you will not be able to own your own home. You can look into other suburbs, such as Plainfield and Aurora, and perhaps find something small, but expensive. You might be able to find an apartment, but that would easily run $1,400 per month for a less than desirable one. I would suggest that if you are going to live in Naperville, find a higher paying job, or find a similar paying job for your wife. Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Use the link below to go to a cost of living calculator. You can compare Illinois to other states.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

2 dam expensive. In November, the sales tax is going to be 10.75%! Yikes. I'm getting the hell out of here at the end of August.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.