Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

How do I reset the task manager to default settings?

The task manager doesen't have the tabs or the menus across the top of it like it used to have. and when I bring it up I can't close it out I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. in other words I can't use it anymore How do I set it back to the default settings?

Update:

Martinmm That didn't work its still the same way. Thanks for trying

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Try double-clicking in the space between the frame and the box.

Hope that helps.

• 4 years ago

Task Manager Settings

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do I reset the task manager to default settings?

The task manager doesen't have the tabs or the menus across the top of it like it used to have. and when I bring it up I can't close it out I have to restart my computer to get rid of it. in other words I can't use it anymore How do I set it back to the default settings?

Source(s): reset task manager default settings: https://biturl.im/N0yeb
  • 6 years ago

Oh, I just found this in Windows Help, I never even thought of looking there.

"Task Manager has two different views. To see the view that includes menus and tabs, double-click the border of the Task Manager window. To switch back to the view without menus and tabs, double-click anywhere in the border around the tabs."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Use System Restore and choose the earliest Restore Point possible. If you have a registry backup, you can just use it to replace the current one. ERUNT can do it in XP. It is a freeware. NTBackup is a builtin XP PRO (only) program that can back up system state.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I dont understand.how it got that way.

Open my computer in your start menu.click the main drive C

right click and go to properties.choose it then tools tab.check now .then choose 2nd box and scan .or choose both. you'll have to restart then it will scan everything.

If choosing just the first box. set power stand by to never and screen saver to none.

• 1 decade ago

Go to options then click on "tab always active"....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.