Preventing Sticking when Cooking...?

I am a very experienced amateur cook/baker, but one problem I cannot seem to beat is the slight sticking of meats such as chicken and salmon when I cook them.. My setup is a stainless steel pan (I only use non-stick when I absolutely have to), and my oils of choice are butter and coconut oil because I like the... show more I am a very experienced amateur cook/baker, but one problem I cannot seem to beat is the slight sticking of meats such as chicken and salmon when I cook them..

My setup is a stainless steel pan (I only use non-stick when I absolutely have to), and my oils of choice are butter and coconut oil because I like the flavor they add in addition to them being quite healthy. I also cook on medium normally. I dont want to drown the meats, however, so I just use a thin layer, which works for most of the meat, but I typically has a small spot that sticks and does not get the "golden" look I am going for.

Any advice on techniques to conquer this issue??
Update: For the person who says that coconut oil is not healthy.... You have no idea what you are missing... :)

Oh, as far as it being a saturated fat and it not good for you... Well it is a MCT and I can tell you from allot of experience that it is VERY healthy...