Recovery after being spayed?

How long does a cat recover from being spayed? My cat is a year and 9 months. She's a pretty strong cat. How long will she recover? and how does the process go? meaning as in what do i have to do while she is recovering? will they sedate her or what? this is my first time and i want to know everything about... show more How long does a cat recover from being spayed? My cat is a year and 9 months. She's a pretty strong cat. How long will she recover? and how does the process go? meaning as in what do i have to do while she is recovering? will they sedate her or what? this is my first time and i want to know everything about spaying a kitty. the pro's and the cons. the ups and downs. and feeding. do i feed her her regular food or will she be able to eat her self? please help me out.

thank you in advance
Update: oh and where would be best to put her? on a over stuffed pillow or soft flat surface? she usually sleeps on the counter in the laundry. should i put her on the floor?
6 answers