Adoptive Incentives? Why are there so many programs to assist PAP's and so few to assist families?

Every year there are published lists of "adoption friendly" companies who offer sometimes up to $10,000 to assist employees with adopting a child. There are hundreds of programs, fundraisers and grants for adoptive families. Extra tax credits and "adoption" assistance available through the... show more Every year there are published lists of "adoption friendly" companies who offer sometimes up to $10,000 to assist employees with adopting a child. There are hundreds of programs, fundraisers and grants for adoptive families. Extra tax credits and "adoption" assistance available through the government.

I have never heard of anyone offering someone $10,000 to maintain their biological child just because they had them. Aside from TANF, WIC, and welfare I can think of only a few other places natural families can go for assistance. Even the assistance offered through agancies is minimal and comes with catches (I have seen families lose kids to CPS after they asked for help - no abuse!).

Shouldn't there be more programs to assist natural families since poverty is the #1 reason children are places for adoption?
Update: How can anyone brag about "saving a chlid from poverty" and leave the child's family needy and sans a child? (Hello, MADONNA!!) Why is it people can't "adopt" a needy mother and child? Wouldn't it be more noble to become a "co-parent" or some other arrangement?
Update 2: Candi - I worked in family/juvie court for 5 years, and as an asst. to an atty. for two. Cases as I described are why I quit!
Update 3: Renee - Do you assume that $10,000 (or less) would not be enough to help a needy family get a good START or that needy families always STAY needy? Do you also assume that young mothers never mature? I am suggesting that a little support both goes a long way in MOST cases. I am also suggesting that if one truly... show more Renee - Do you assume that $10,000 (or less) would not be enough to help a needy family get a good START or that needy families always STAY needy? Do you also assume that young mothers never mature? I am suggesting that a little support both goes a long way in MOST cases. I am also suggesting that if one truly wants to help a family - ANY FAMILY - that financial support is far less valuable than emotional support; hence the "adoption" of the family.