House Plants??

I have a few house plants. I would like to get a few more. I was wondering what types do you have & do you like them?? Any plant recommendations?? Thank you.

I live in Las Vegas, we get a lot of sun.

Thanks SuperDave- I'm bad at spelling too.

Ayla- Killed a Cactis! That is bad! LOL My thumbs are 1/2 green. I seen to do well. I can't grow mini roses, that don't like me. LOL

Favorite Answer

I have about 12 cactus, I planted 6 together in two different flower pots. They look pretty that way. They don't take too much water. They are different kinds and I don't know the name of them, but I bought some at Wall Mart and some at Lowes. I also have 2 Ivy's, they grow long vines and I have them hanging from the ceiling beams on two 6 " chains and also, 2 large Ferns on the brick on each side of the fireplace. They are easy to take care of. They need water about every 3 days or so and sunlight, but not direct light. Everyone has told me they are pretty. I think they all are!

I plan on getting more different kinds, later.

That was a useful and helpful question. Thanks!

Oh, and Lowe's guarantees their plants, they will replace them in a certain amount of time, if they don't grow or they die, and Wall Mart doesn't!

Source(s): Me!
  • Ayla B

I am an outdoorsey person, and live where we get lots of snow in the winter. So my plants help keep me sane when everything is dead outside. They get a little neglected in the summer, so the ones still alive are tough!

I have (now you made me get out a plant book for spelling! lol) Christmas cactus, Chinese evergreen, umbrella tree, spider plants (I have 5 hanging by one window, looks cool), dumb cane, had a ficus until the kung-fu kitten got ahold of it, a couple different types of philodendrons, a snake plant, and what the lady I got it from called purple flower. I have a couple I don't know what they are because I traded slips for them and I can't find them in plant books.

I cannot grow begonias (leaves fall off), sensitive plant (I must not be sensitive enough), peperomias, wandering jews, or swedish ivy. The last 3 the stems get mushy no matter how I vary the water and light. My Mom has good luck with them though.

A friend of mine bought a big barrel cactus for $30 and thought it would be ok while she was gone trucking. She killed it! I asked her when the last time she watered it and she said when she bought it! That was like 2 years back or so! Poor plant!

Good luck with your new plants.

My favorite are my trees. I have some form of palm tree. It takes a lot of sun. I was given another tree that is about 7 feet tall (which is good cause my ceilings are 9feet).

I have a little Bonsai and cactus plants. I have a Wandering Jew but it isn't doing so well. I have a Peace Lilly which is a good plant if you don't have much light but keep up with watering it.

I just buy tree type plants for indoors now because they are easy to take care of as long as my puppies don't chew them :)-

I also have an Air Fern in my bathroom and it is great because it doesn't need soil or water to grow, just air.

Good luck!!~~~~~~~`

I can't really count now since I have been in this hobby of collecting ornamental plants since I was 25 and I am 62 now. The easiest to keep are the cactuses of which I have 25 different kinds, and the bromeliads. They grow under the sun, under part shades with any type of composted materials with garden soil. Then I have different fortune plants and different palms.

My mom always keeps an Aloe Vera plant. It's not like, really pretty but it's easy to keep alive once it's stable and you can take it's sprouts and pot them for your friends or for presents. It's really nice to have around the house because the gel on the inside of it helps with burns (which is why it's kept in the kitchen)

I also like bamboo plants as they are easy to care for and not bad to look at.

I have several. My favorites are my Christmas Cactus, Jade Plant and African Violets. They are all easy to grow and the Christmas Cactus and African Violet produces flowers for an added bonus.

Here are a few my wife has around the house that do well and I live in Texas so we have tons of sunlight also. She has(please forgive me for my spelling) Begonias, Ferns, Ivy's and Geraniums. They do welll here. Good luck!

Source(s): 2

I have several spider plants. Easy to grow, anyone can grow them, and the fun part is, u can pull off their babies to make more plants!

Source(s): I have 10!

Bonsai are fun to grow.