promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i've broken my number plate. where do i get a replacement number plate from?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

eBay or pop into your local halfords (you'll need your v5 and licence though)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • coombe
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Kwik Fit Number Plates

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aya27

When you screw the fitting to the ceiling you are pinching the cables. Make sure you have sleeving on the earth wires. When refitting try to lay the cables in neatly, not all bunched together. I know this is more easily said than done. If there is not enough room in the fitting (which is usually the case), make all your connections in a separate connector strip, enclose the connector strip in a 'Chocbox' (this is very important), and push the 'Chocbox up into the ceiling with just a single piece of lighting flex hanging down from the 'Chocbox'. Connecting the flex to the fitting is then easy.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

i've broken my number plate. where do i get a replacement number plate from?

Source(s): 39 ve broken number plate replacement number plate from: https://shortly.im/BkINe
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chesa
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I'm in the UK and have done this so should at least help a bit. Unless it's a fancy light - go buy a simple pendant light fitting with base. Feed wires through centre. All earth wires to common earth, then there should be a row of terminals for common live, a row for common neutral, and two for switched live. Once all the supply wires are on - screw the base to the ceiling. (2 screws into a joist), You should have one switched live going to a par of terminals. Fit your pendant lamp live into the other adjacent one. Put the neutral to the neutral row. Check all tight, and screw on the cover. Bulb in and good to go. If you must use a metal fitting - double check wiring paths are away from fixing screw points, and move the wires out of the way. Position similar conductors in groups, and use sleeving to prevent conductors touching. Keep it neat. If a light fitting may get hot, you should use heat resistant sleeving.

• 1 decade ago

Halfords make number plates, i went in and they made and fitted it in about 10mins. or google it and you can find loads of people that make them for like £15 or so and you can add lil flags or a boarder to your plate if you want. If its a bike plate some bike accessories shops make them in a few mins whatever size you want.

Source(s): personel experiance
  • Neil
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

In the UK, any decent car parts or accessories supplier (a main dealer's parts dept., Halfords, Partco, etc.).

You will need to take some form of ID (e.g. driving licence) plus proof of your entitlement to use that registration number (normally your registration certificate V5c),

• 3 years ago

• 1 decade ago

Are you in the UK?

I used these guys last year (see link), and they were wonderful. The plates are totally legal, but they can add a wee border, and writing on the bottom edge (where garages often put their name).

The price was amazing, and the service truly unrivalled.

Hope this helps ♥

• Luke
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Halfords make them. You'll need your photo license and your log book to prove your the owner of the vehicle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.