wwsracing asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Should Patriot fans in Mass switch from Comcast to Verizon because of Specter and his connections to Comcast?

The Patriots bring millions(billions?) into Mass every year, and Specter is threatening that. Comcast is Specter's biggest contributor to his campaign. Comcast has 1.65 million subscribers in Mass. and currently has a monopoly in most of the area. If Specter keeps this up, should Pats fans in Mass switch from Comcast to Verizon (or dish network or whatever else I only say Verizon because they are asking each city for permission to offer TV in Mass. If Pats fans are tired of hearing about this, they should tell their legislators to let Verizon in because they do not like the relationship between Specter and Comcast. This article explains what is going on in Mass : http://www.eagletribune.com/punews/local_story_109... )

Brian K- you should tell Comcast you are/or will be switching to Verizon because of their association with Specter! The point is to get Comcast to tell him his antics are hurting their business, and he needs to stop this nonsense.

Michelle T- The real issue is to try and prevent a US Senator from wasting tax dollars and congress's time investigating a rule violation in a game. Should congress convene everytime there is a pass-interference on purpose to prevent a touchdown? Probably not.

Azim- you do not understand the issue.

Comcast and the NFL have been going back and forth over the NFL Network and the Sunday ticket packages.

Comcast is based in PA and is the biggest campaign contributor to Specter. Specter is sticking his nose into the NFL because of Comcast, plain and simple.

Specter is/will have an negative impact on the economy of Mass by reducing the $$$ the Patritots bring to the state. If people of Mass don't like that, they should not be a buyer of Comcast's services, and one option is to let Verizon into their markets. (or get dish network or whatever)

• Mike
    Favorite Answer

Let verizon in Fios is better than cable anyways.

• roze

Yeah i've got heard many people say they hated FIOS so which you getting purely conventional Verizon extreme speed would desire to be lots worst and FIOS is their superb internet connection. Comcast i do no longer comprehend lots approximately. could bypass with highway Runner rapid. Had it for 5 years now and it has under no circumstances enable me down.

No I don't. I do think think Patriots fans should stop crying about this whole matter. You Pats fans have had many breaks through the years with illegal snow plows, obscure rules called into play "tuck rule" and so on. The Patriots cheated and should be scoffed at whenever possible. People aren't giving Pete Rose a free pass do you follow me?

• Bob

To be honest, thats just dumb. I wouldn't subscribe to the Washington Post just cuz they endorse the Wizards, Caps, or Redskins. It doesn't make sense, thats what these big corporations are trying to do, attack the most unexpected places.

pats fan in MA here- i got comcast and plan on keeping it. its reliable and we love on demand - but we do have verizon for cell phones and telephone

i dont think you shouldve brought up pats b/c theres 2 many h8r who have nothing to do but cry and mask it with h8 and blame our pats b/c theyre probably dolphin fans

If you have Comcast OR Verizon at this point, in 2008, I really have to question your fanhood.

• Brian

I know he is connected, but I know that he won't change our service because we're paying customers and that helps him get money. I also have Comcast...

Source(s): A Patriots fan in Massachusetts.