My husband spends $142/mon. on legos if he keeps it up, Im afraid it will lead to a divorce. What should I do?

He is 21 and he doesn't understand that all of this money shouldn't go to toys each month. He hates how I am uptight about this becuase I grew with hardly any money.

Best Answer

My husbands hobby is Motorcycle riding. I have to share him with his bike (I call it his other wife) she gets money (allot), time and attention. I say you have to give your men the space they need and want... If not you will both be talking about divorce not just you... I'm 22 and got married at 20, I know for a fact what your talking about.

I have been in the nagging wife position (not saying this is what ur doing), because he has spent the bill money, or hasn't given me enough time. But its all a phase, work with him when it comes to budgeting so that he can have an idea each month on whats due and available for fun and games, bills, grocery etc. create a savings account (either at home or at a bank) and both of you agree to amount that you two are going to contribute each pay check or month.. and see how that works out.

If you divorce your husband over 142/month he is better off without you. A real women would stick by his side. Try to understand him. I am guessing you have been married 2 years or less. You can explain to him how you feel, listen to him and then go with whatever he says. He is the head of your house. If you are able to divorce him over something like this then I definitly see a divorce in the future, because you won't make it through more real and more difficult situations. Good luck.

Unless hes using the money for bills or you guys are having financial problems, why would it be a problem? Everyone has something they enjoy and his just happens to be legos. If it really bugs you that much then just talk to him, let him know how you feel and try to reach a compromise. By that I mean not telling him to he has to stop buying them because thats not much of a compromise.

You should each have your own spending money to do with what you want. You both work hard everyday... and should be able to spoil yourself. IF he wants to spend it on Legos... so be it!