Ok i keep getting a different answer than my teacher on my hw and i want to know if im doing something wrong?

The question is compute the percent change between 1995-1999, and the number for 1995 is 102,500 and the number for 1999 is 146,400

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Simply subtract the old value from the new value, then divide by the old value. Multiply the result by 100 and slap a % sign on it. That's your percent change.

    146400-102500 = 43900

    43900/102500 = 0.4282

    0.4282 x 100 = 42.82%

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.