Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

Who is higher up?

Of the following, who has the most power over their particular field, and how do they get their job? Are they appointed or are they elected? Who has the authority to "fire" or "impeach" a member of the following? What is their primary line of work? (What is their job duties?

Commander in Chief of the United States

Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court

United States Congress

Attorney General of the United States

United States Postmaster General

Director of National Intelligence

United States Army General

Secretary of the Department of Defense

Chairman of the Federal Reserve

Favorite Answer

The Commander in Chief is also know as the President of the United States, and is the executive officer of the Executive branch. He is elected into office, and can be impeached by none other than congress.

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is in charge of the Judicial Branch of the United States. He is appointed by the president, and passed by congress. He can be impeached by the president and congress (Or one of the two, I'm not sure)

The United States Congress consists of the House of Representatives and the Senate. They are in charge of the Legislative branch. I believe they can be impeached by each other (Not sure, so don't quote me) and the President of the United States.

The Attorney General of the United States is in charge of the Department of Justice, which is a part of the Executive Branch. He is appointed by the United States President. The Postmaster General is in charge of the United States Postal Service, and is also appointed by the United States President. The Director of National Intelligence is in charge of the Department of National Intelligence. The United States Army General is the highest ranking in the Army, and is appointed by the President (I believe)

I am not sure about the last two.

You ask a question that requires an extremely long answer. Your question leads me to believe you know absolutely nothing about American government. There's no easy way to do this - you're going to have to do a lot of reading.