Do colleges have wieght limits for cheerleading squads? what college has the heaviest cheerleaders?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
it matters if ur a flyer or not. i agree with the person above me
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (5)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • sarah answered 3 months ago
    It all depends on the college. For example University of Central Florida (UCF) has a weight max. of 125 lbs (girls) and they use to have a height max but now they don't anymore.

What they really look at is your tumbling (do you have your full) and your flexibility like your jumps.

Source(s):

Know many college cheerleaders
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Coach ~Jen answered 6 years ago
    I have heard that some schools have a weigh-in policy for their girls, but I don't know which ones. Personally, I think that is terrible and unnecessary. If anything, it's a likely factor in contributing to eating disorders.

I don't know which schools have the heaviest cheerleaders, but it probably would not be those schools which are famous for their cheer teams, and more likely to be an all-girl team than co-ed. Heavy cheerleaders can be very helpful in basing stunts, so as long as they can successfully perform their cheer skills I would put them on my team.

Source(s):

Cheerleading 101: the Basics
    http://aescougarcheer.com/Cheer101/basic...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Hannah answered 6 years ago
    I would agree with the above, healthy is the best policy, espically for a coed team. All the girls on those teams are really small, because they all fly. I don't know if it is true but I heard UNC CH has weight limits on their cheerleaders, they have to be under a hundred pounds, but that is just for the coed team. Weight limit or not, I have never seen an out of shape college cheerleader!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • k8lynml answered 6 years ago
    I don't think that they would have a weight limit for trying out, but being heavy will probably keep you from becoming a flyer. I'm sure that as long as you are up to the skill level they require for their team, you should be fine. If your jumps are nice and high, your cheers loud and sharp, your motions tight, and especially if you can tumble, you should be fine! There is absolutely nothing wrong with not having the stereotypical cheerleader look!

Good luck!

Source(s):

Cheerleader for 5 years!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Selena L answered 6 years ago
    Unless your being a flyer, I don't think their would be a weight limit. For your second question, no college sport team is just going to post their athletes weights. But at the college level most cheerleaders are toned and in shape.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock